Many home cooks have a love-hate relationship with food preparation. While it’s a fun part of the culinary experience, it can be time-consuming, tedious, and not to mention dangerous when it comes to the chopping!
That’s especially no fun when the onions make your eyes well up with tears, and your fingers are on fire from handling jalapeno peppers. Why can’t it make a pico de gallo more enjoyable?
What if we told you there was a simple solution to make chopping up vegetables and fruit easier, faster, and more enjoyable? With a vegetable and fruit chopper, food prep is simplified significantly. There are many benefits to gain with one of these tools, and you’ll find out more about them as you read on.
Top 12 Best Vegetable and Fruit Choppers
Now that you have a better understanding of what to consider when choosing a vegetable and fruit chopper, it’s time to go over some great options to choose from. We’ve hand-picked 12 different choppers featuring a different manual and electric mechanisms, which would be totally awesome additions to any kitchen. We’re going to review these choppers and list off the pros and cons to help you narrow down your options.
Keep in mind. We’ve listed these in no particular order. The best chopper for you might be different than the best chopper for your neighbor! It all depends on personal preference and what you need to use the chopper for.
1. Pro Vegetable Chopper by Mueller review
Mueller’s Pro Vegetable Chopper offers convenience and simplicity. You get a basic tool with two different dicing blades to chop your fruits or veggies. It’s compact and easy to bring around with on outings and packed in a bag. Say goodbye to crying while chopping onions because this tool was made to help reduce onion vapors. While being made mainly for onion chopping doesn’t stop this chopper from being used with other vegetables. Here are some features to take note of:
- Heavy-duty, BPA free container with a 4 cup capacity
- 2 sharp stainless steel chopping and dicing attachments – suitable for fruits, veggies, and cheeses
- This chopper is dishwasher safe
- A cleaning brush is provided to help make cleaning a breeze
- You get a lifetime warranty as well as customer live support over the phone
- Access to the Mueller recipe e-book
2. Ninja Express Chop review
The Ninja Express Chop is the first electric vegetable and fruit chopper we’ll be reviewing. This chopper is a nice, hand-held size made to mince, chop, grind, and blend up to 16 ounces of food. Essentially, this is a chopper and blender hybrid tool that can help the kitchen. Here is a breakdown of the product offerings below:
- Up to 200 watts in the power pod to chop, blend, mince, and puree your ingredients
- A one-touch pulsing mechanism that’s easy to use
- Ergonomic design to have a nice fit in your hand
- A splash guard is provided to keep food from getting stuck onto the power pod motor
- This guard can also be used as a storage lid
- 16-ounce capacity container
- The pieces apart from the power pod are top-rack dishwasher safe
3. Vegetable Chopper Dicer Slicer Cutter by LOVKITCHEN review
The Vegetable Chopper Dicer Slicer Cutter buy LOVKITCHEN features a lid-press mechanism that makes chopping extremely easy. You get over 12 different blade attachments and tools to choose from to get your meal prep needs taken care of. The different blades, attachments,& features include:
- 2 different graters
- Coarse grater for shredding cheeses
- Fine grater for ginger or garlic
- Julienne blade
- 4 different sized dicers
- Small dicer
- Medium dicer
- 4 equal size dicer
- 8 equal size dicer
- A blade to chop food into sticks or potatoes into fries
- Plate & cone to help get the juice out of citrus fruits
- Egg yolk and white separator
- Hard-boiled egg slicer
- Safety protector to place food in while you grate to protect your hand
- Large, transparent container to catch food
- Two different plate holders
4. Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper Review
The Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper is, as the name suggests, a pull chopper that chops with ease. It’s best used for salads, salsas, boneless meat, guacamole, pestos, and more. The size of the chops can be changed depending on how many pulls you make. More pulls mean smaller chops. Another great feature this chopper has is a mixer blade to help mix ingredients together. Notable features of this tool include the following:
- Large 4-cup capacity, BPA free container
- Stainless steel blade chopper with 3 large blades to chop and mince
- Mixer blade to mix and blend ingredients
- Soft-grip lid for comfort
- The grip on the container’s base, so it doesn’t slide around as you pull the cord
- All pieces are top-rack dishwasher safe
- Access to 3 Brieftons recipe e-books
5. Fullstar Mandoline Slicer Dicer review
The Fullstar Mandoline vegetable chopper offers an all-in-one solution by taking care of dicing, spiraling, slicing, grating, and julienning. This chopper and mandolin slicer has 7 blade attachments to take care of several tasks in the kitchen. Fullstar even includes a safety glove for you to wear to ensure that you don’t get injured while using their tool. The following is a list of this chopper’s main features:
- Use this chopper and slicer in 7 different ways thanks to the interchangeable blades
- A BPA free 1.2-quart container catches the fruits and/or veggies you chop for convenience
- The tool is dishwasher safe for the top rack
- Blades are made of sharp, stainless steel that isn’t prone to rust
- The bottom of the container has rubber, non-skid grips to prevent slipping while using the tool
- A Fullstar safety glove is included, so you don’t hurt your hand while slicing and grating
6. Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper Review
You can find the Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper in two different colors: Arugula and Cherry. This is another chopper powered by the pull & spin mechanism of chopping. It’s perfect for making fruit salads, vegetable salads, and even chopping meat. At the same time, it offers the ability to chop food into large or small pieces depending on how many times the cord is pulled. Let’s review some more of what this chopper offers:
- Twist and lock lid with a pull-cord
- The parts are top-rack dishwasher safe
- The chopping container has a 3 cup capacity
- Chopping blades made sharp to ensure clean chops
- It also includes a sealing lid to store ingredients that you’ve chopped but need to store away
7. Cuisinart Stainless Steel Food Chopper Review
Cuisinart is a popular kitchen brand name, and they’re the creators of the next chopper we’ll be going over. This hand-held tool features a push-chop mechanism and is constructed with a stainless steel housing. It’s ideal for veggies, cheese, garlic, herbs, and nuts. You get a limited lifetime warranty as well. The following is a quick overview of the product:
- Stainless steel blades and housing
- It’s dishwasher safe to clean food off easily
- Grip band to keep from sliding while you push on the chopper
- You can chop on the included base or your cutting board
- Blades turn while chopping to ensure all pieces get chopped nicely
- Limited lifetime warranty
8. Auxcuiso Vegetable Chopper Spiralizer Dicer Slicer Pro review
The Auxcuiso Vegetable Chopper Spiralizer Dicer Slicer Pro is another extremely versatile kitchen tool that will have your knives trembling in fear. A cool thing about this chopping system is that you can dice, wedge, and cube two different fruits or veggies simultaneously via the dual cutting unit. In all, you get 8 different functions with this tool. The mentionable features include:
- A dual spiral cutting unit
- Small-sized dicer
- Medium-sized dicer
- Quad dicer
- 0.12 inch Slicer
- A cleaning tool to get into crevices with ease
- Spiral cutter finger guard for your protection
- A large container to house the chopped ingredients in
- 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the product
- You also get a one-year hassle-free warranty
9. Black+Decker 1.5 Cup Electric Food Chopper Review
You can chop and slice fruits and vegetables with ease using the Black+Decker 1.5 Cup Electric Food Chopper. Chopping and slicing are done with a button’s press, making it fast, safe, and easy. You can make salsas, dips, and chop herbs perfectly with it. Now we’ll continue by listing the product features:
- You get up to 120 volts of power for chopping
- 1.5 cup capacity container
- Twist and lock safety lid
- One-touch button operation system
- Bi-level stainless steel blade design
- Removable parts are all dishwasher safe
- A cord wrap has been integrated to simplify cord storage
- The design is compact and space-saving
- The 2-year limited warranty is also included
10. Momugs 8 Cup Food Processor Review
Chop as much as 8 cups of fruits and/or veggies with this big, hand-powered food processor. The Momugs Food Processor features a hand crank mechanism where you turn the handle to chop your ingredients. It’s easy to use and can handle all sorts of uses such as chopping veggies, making baby food, sauces, guacamole, fruit salads, and more. Notable features are:
- Super big 8 cup container to place your fruits or veggies in
- Manual hand crank connected to the 3 sharp, stainless steel blades that chop inside the container
- It comes with a base with suctions to keep the container stable on your counter or table
- There is also an attachment for mixing batters and sauces
- A twist-lock lid to stay secure as you twist the handle
11. Zyliss Zick-Zack Classic Food Chopper Review
Another push-chop vegetable and fruit chopping tool are the Zyliss Zick-Zack Classic Food Chopper. It’s a fundamental and affordable tool that can handle your basic chopping needs. Being hand-held with a handle lockdown, you can store it in a cabinet or drawer with no problems. Let’s review what this chopper has in store:
- It comes with a high-quality stainless steel blade in a zig-zag formation to get full coverage of your fruit or vegetable
- The blades rotate as you push to chop to ensure nice, even chops
- You can lock the handle to store the chopper in your kitchen safely
- A storage cup and lid are provided to ensure food stays fresh after chopping
- Parts are removable better to expose the blades for a more thorough cleaning
- Dishwasher safe to make cleaning easier
12. Multipurpose Kitchen Cutter Set by Gourmia review
With 7 different, interchangeable blades to choose from, the Gourmia Multipurpose Kitchen Cutter Set can do a lot. You can slice, chop, grate, and store veggies, fruits, meats, and cheeses with this tool. Gourmia guarantees that they provide a durable build that will last you a long time. Here we will reveal the other features you can find with this tool:
- Small-sized dicer
- Medium-sized dicer
- Straight, rectangular dicer
- Traditional slicer
- Julienne slicer
- Convertible lid cover – interchangeable board for blades
- A safety holder for food as you slice
- Lid for storage to keep food fresh
Why Should I Buy a Vegetable and Fruit Chopper?
When it comes to kitchen equipment, we’ve seen many great inventions establish their well-deserved place in the crew. Among hand mixers, blenders, slow cookers, and all other kitchen tools and appliances you may have, vegetable and fruit choppers also deserve a special place in your kitchen.
A vegetable and fruit chopper is the kind of tool that’ll be used frequently, especially if you eat and make most of your meals at home. Chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing are a necessity in meal preparations. Since we usually use knives to perform these tasks, it leaves us vulnerable to injuries on our hands and wrists, not to mention that it’s a lot slower this way. With one of these handy chopping tools, you can avoid kitchen accidents and save time.
Benefits of Using a Fruit and Veggie Chopper
Apart from having a super-cool kitchen tool that all your friends will want, there are several other benefits granted to you when you own a fruit and veggie chopper. Let’s go over them briefly:
- You get to save time since chopping, slicing, and dicing can get done faster.
- Veggie and fruit chopping machines are safer to use since you don’t need to cut the food with a hand-held knife.
- Avoid eye and hand irritation from foods like onions, chili peppers, garlic, citrus, etc.
- There are a wide variety of choppers available, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- When they are old enough (also depending on the vegetable chopper), your kid(s) can use it to help you with food preparation. Of course, this would need to be done under your supervision.
- It can help incentivize you to include a wider variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- You can use a vegetable and fruit chopper for other foods like nuts, herbs, and even candy.
- It’s also a pretty fun tool to use once you get the hang of it!
What to Consider Before Buying a Vegetable and Fruit Chopper
Choosing a vegetable and fruit chopper isn’t a decision that should be taken lightly. You need to consider that it’s a tool that’ll be used frequently, meaning that it will need to be durable enough to withstand use over a long period of time. The quality of the chopper is essential in this case. Two important quality standards you should have are:
- Stainless steel blades to prevent rusting and corrosion.
- A durable plastic material that is BPA and toxin-free.
The most important thing to keep in mind is safety, especially if you plan on using the chopper with your child during meal preps. Supervision is necessary 100% of the time when using them with children. Blades on these tools are made to be extremely sharp so that they can get through tough veggies like potatoes and carrots. You always want to make sure that your chopper comes with non-slip grips and guards for hands & fingers as well.
Manual or Electric?
Choosing between a manual or electric veggie chopper will depend on your personal preference.
Manual Fruit and Vegetable Choppers
The benefit of manual choppers is that they don’t require electricity. This makes them more portable for use outdoors and when traveling. Manual choppers are also easier to clean since you don’t need to worry about electrical components getting wet. They’re also quiet in comparison to electric choppers.
Electric Fruit and Vegetable Choppers
Electric choppers, or food processors, are quicker and can typically chop more food and different types of food simultaneously. The downside is that you need to be careful not to get the electrical components wet, and it can be a bit noisy. Nonetheless, food processors are extremely convenient and easy to use compared to chopping with a knife.
Different kinds of choppers feature different types of chopping mechanisms. To simplify, the main mechanism designs that you’ll find are as follows:
- Many manual choppers feature a pressing mechanism where you press a lid down onto the veggie or fruit to chop it. The container beneath catches the food for convenience. These choppers feature removable and multiple blade types to choose from for versatility. An example of this is the Lovkitchen vegetable chopper.
- Pull cord or handle mechanism – other types of manual choppers may feature a manual pull cord or handle to spin blades in a bowl-like container. This is a safe option that keeps hands away from blades. A pull-chord mechanism example on our list would be the Chef’n VeggiChop, while a turn-handle is featured on the Momugs 8 Cup food processor.
- Push-chop mechanism – the manual push-chop mechanism is another one you’ll find. You can place the fruits or veggies on a cutting board or chopping area, place the chopper over them, then push on the top to move the chopper up & down. This fun mechanism results in chopped fruits or veggies. The Zyliss Zick-Zack is an example of this chopping mechanism type.
- Rotary electrical mechanism – electric food processors all have the same general design and mechanism. They feature a blender-like set up where you place the fruits or veggies inside. Then you press a button to turn it on and chop the food to your liking. Some food processors feature more settings and different blade types to suit your needs.
Now that we’ve shared with you, in our opinion, the best vegetable and fruit choppers on the market, which one do you like the most? We made sure to include various styles and chopping mechanisms so you can get a taste for what’s available. Make sure to consider what you’re going to be using your chopper for so you don’t end up getting a decked out chopper with add-ons you won’t even be using!
As far as choosing one particular vegetable chopper model, we can’t really recommend one fit-all product, seeing how they differ a lot in their usage and functionality. For example, a press mechanism slicer recommendation might not be useful if they want a rotary-mechanism vegetable chopper. With that said, all the products on our list are reliable and are one of, if not the best, vegetable choppers of their respective type.
We really hope you found our guide and reviews useful in making your decision. As we said, it’s a decision that you need to think about since this tool will be your new partner in crime. Hopefully, your chef knife doesn’t have hard feelings about it, but that’ll have to be taken care of on your own terms!