When you are ready to get out of the house with your little one, you would need to use a stroller and a car seat. But thanks to some creator who has designed the first baby travel system, which consists of a car seat that clips onto its matching stroller, you can now make a single purchase and get both necessities.
– Bestseller Baby Travel Systems Comparisons Tabe –
These travel seats are guaranteed to work well together, and you no longer have to disturb your baby, who has drifted off in his or her car seat, for a transfer to their stroller. All you have to do is to unclip the handy car seat from its base in the backseat and then snap in onto the stroller, and you’re all ready to go.
10 Best Travel Systems for Babies
The models we have picked for this review has been second to none for the past years, and most of them are the top choices, which is based on the parent’s experience.
We have listed all the top travel systems that parents have shared to us, and we even added our insight and research about the product. This would help you avoid purchasing low-quality items.
10. Britax Elite Travel System Review
Unlike most strollers with 4-wheel configuration, the Britax only has 3-wheels, and with its pivoting front wheel, you can easily fit in narrow spaces. Turn and steer easily even when you are using one hand.
This stroller is made for the parents who are always on the go with their babies. It is very easy to fold and can fit all sizes of car trunks. The stroller’s frame is made of light aluminum, which makes the product very easy to lift and carry.
Its other features are that it is equipped with a reclining seat, which has a near-flat position to provide a more comfortable naptime for your baby. The seat is also equipped with a mesh window to provide nice air ventilation. The large canopy’s fabric is made with a UV 50+ protection to protect your child from harmful rays.
- Fantastic maneuverability
- Quick and easy to fold
- Very easy to assemble
- The car seat can easily snap into a frame
- It has a solid construction
- The matching car seat is a bit too heavy
9. Evenflo Modular Travel System Review
Looking at this stroller for the first time without knowing its name, you might mistake it as another of UPPA baby stroller because of its design. Aside from its similar appearance to UPPA baby VISTA and CRUZ, it also has a much lower price tag. So if you want to use an UPPAbaby stroller but don’t have enough money for it, you can consider getting the Evenflo Travel System.
This travel system comes with a SafeMax baby car seat that is suitable for babies around 4 to 35 lbs. As for a toddler seat, it can accommodate a child that is about 50 lbs. This is a reversible seat that allows the child to view their surroundings, or at their parents.
Its other features consist of specially designed cruiser tires, full-coverage canopy, lightweight, easy to transition from car to stroller and vice versa, very easy to fold, and it even has a decent-sized basket and a cup holder.
- Good quality fabrics
- Compact fold
- Very easy to attach onto the baby car seat
- The wheels are smooth to maneuver
- The seat can convert into a bassinet
- Very Affordable
- Some parents might prefer using air-filled wheels for longer walks
8. Chicco Cortina Travel System Review
The Chicco Cortina CX has a good stroller with an excellent car seat despite its medium-price range. The package includes a KeyFit 30 car seat, which can be simply and securely attack into the Cortina CX stroller. The set also includes a car seat base and the main seat offers an 8-position recline.
Thanks to the strollers flat recline and pop-up footrest, you can instantly create a carrier for your baby with an enclosure at all sides. Therefore, the stroller is suitable for newborn babies up to a 36-month old toddler! This would be the only travel system you would need throughout your child’s growth. But there’s more to this amazing baby travel system.
The stroller includes a feature called “Memory Recline,” it is a feature that allows the backrest position to stay the same when folding and unfolding, to avoid the need of readjusting it again. This is a pretty useful feature, especially for the parents who often folds and unfolds the stroller back into the trunk of the car.
- Very durable
- Great-quality baby car seat
- Ease of use
- Smooth to maneuver
- Included with useful trays with cup holders
- The under seat basket can be difficult to access
- The folded stroller is not very compact
7. Graco Aire3 Travel System Review
This is a good quality travel system, but it has a couple of minor drawbacks. The travel system might not be popular in Amazon, but its stroller and car seat combos have been one of the best selling items in the market, sooner or later the travel system would also become popular to parents.
This system comes with Graco Snug Lock 30 Baby Car Seat, which can support a baby from 4 up to 35 lbs and who is up to 32 inches. With this system, you would have everything you need for your child when on-the-go. You can easily and quickly switch between stroller and car in seconds, as the car seat would easily click onto the stroller’s frame.
The stroller consists of a 3-wheel configuration that provides better maneuverability and agility for the parents. Another feature that is worth mentioning is the wheels built-in suspension for a much smoother ride. The stroller works best on flat surfaces, but it can also handle park paths and sidewalks pretty well.
- very easy to steer
- Compact and easy to fold
- Very easy to assemble
- Ca seat has safety features
- The car seat perfectly connects to the base and stroller
- It is included with many accessories
- Very affordable
- The stroller might be too low for parents that stands 6ft and above
- The under seat basket is too small
6. Graco FastAction Travel System Review
This another great budget option for those who are on a tight budget. If you ever decide on purchasing this product for your baby, you would get a FastAction stroller and a SnugRide 30 baby car seat and a unique base. So what makes this travel system worth the purchase?
First of its features is that the stroller is pretty lightweight and sturdy at the same time. Another is that the stroller is pretty easy to fold with one hand, where you’ll just have to pull a rep strap, which is located at the seat middle, and the stroller would immediately fold up. Traveling with this stroller makes everything much simpler.
However, the stroller might have small wheels, but it is very to maneuver and glides very smoothly on surfaces. The toddler seat has a multi-position reclining and pretty nice padding, which allows its little passenger to sit up straight and have a better view of the surroundings, or just take a nap while strolling.
- Easy folding feature
- Made of high-quality
- Very convenient
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Pretty easy to maneuver around
- The car seat’s canopy isn’t always steady
5. Evenflo Vive Baby Travel System Review
This travel system has a pretty good quality. The stroller’s weight limit is about 50lbs, while its Embrace Baby Car Seat has a weight limit of about 4 to 35lbs. The affordable has a lot of nice features in it, which includes a canopy with a peek-a-boo window (a clear window where you can check your little passenger), multi-position reclining, and a comfortable seat.
It also includes a child tray with a cup holder, where you can place their drinks and snacks, and a parent tray with phone storage and cup holder. Under the stroller’s seat, it includes a pretty huge under seat basket, which can accommodate all kinds of things your baby needs during a trip or stroll.
The travel system is also very easy to fold, and it is more particularly made to suit trips because of its ultra-slim folding and easy transportation. This affordable travel system has small wheels, but the front ones have a suspension that absorbs shocks, which makes the stroller pretty sturdy and stabilized.
- Ultra low price tag
- Very durable for a cheap travel system
- Good-quality and very easy to clean car seat
- Great overall performance
- Chic design
- You may sometimes have difficulties in steering
4. Chicco Bravo Travel System Review
This a lightweight and well-equipped travel system, which is another great travel system option. Transitioning from stroller to car, and vice versa is now made easier and with more security. With this package, you won’t need to purchase or use any additional adapters for it.
If you are looking for something cheaper, then you consider going for this product. It has a lot of basic features, such as an adjustable and removable canopy, a single-action brake that is easy to use, adjustable handlebar, and a pretty large basket under its seat.
Aside from foam-filled wheels and suspensions, it also features a compact fold which is perfect for parents with small cars, or for those who don’t have enough space in their homes. With a stroller that can be folded into a small size, you can easily store and transport it anywhere you go.
- Very easy to assemble
- Tight turn radius and smooth maneuverability
- Perfect for taking a stroll in the city
- It has excellent safety features
- Not recommended to use on dirt roads
- Car seat’s sun shade is sometimes hard to adjust
3. UPPA Baby Vista Stroller Review
Now, this is a high-end and luxurious model of a travel system. This is a top-quality baby travel system that looks chic and stylish. The great thing about the product is its multi-functionality and versatility, which is important to ensure that it would last for a long time. You can even use the Vista travel system for up to 2 or 3 kids. This is pretty awesome for a travel system.
The stroller itself has a lot of useful features in it which makes it a high-quality product. It has a rubber, foam-filled wheels and an all-wheel suspension that provides a nice and smooth ride. Although the stroller was designed for everyday city use, it can also withstand rough terrains pretty well.
Also, the seat has soft padding for comfort, and adjustable 5-point restraint, and a multi-position recline. Its oversized canopy also has a pop-out sun visor, which is made from a special fabric that would protect your baby from harmful sun rays.
- It has a stylish look
- Easy folding feature
- Made of high-quality materials
- Versatility and adaptability
- Easy maneuverability
- A bit large and heavy
- Too Expensive
2. Chicco Viaro Travel System Review
This travel system has great value for an affordable price. The Viaro travel system is quite similar to the previous Bravo Trio, but it has a few different features and a bit cheaper. Like Britax, the stroller also has a 3-wheel design with a dual front wheel to provide easier turning and better steering.
You can also use the stroller on wooded trails, gravel roads, paved roads, and more. The front wheels are also suspended to help minimize the impacts of cracked and bumpy roads. The stroller has a big under seat basket, which is accessible from the front and back side of the stroller.
Not only that, this travel system is included with more accessories, which includes child and parent trays, and each tray has 2 cup holders in it. This is pretty convenient while eating and walking, or while sitting and at a restaurant.
- The stroller and car seat has both safety features
- High-quality despite its low price
- Works pretty well on different types of terrains
- Very easy to maneuver
- Compact and very easy to fold
- The main seat is not removable
- The car seat attaches to the seat which makes stroller look bulky
1. Baby Trend Jogger Travel System Review
As for the active parents, those who often take a run at the park should need to use a jogger when you plan on taking your child with you. The Baby Trend Expedition is one of the cheapest jogger travel systems that you can get. If you love to jog and want to use a single stroller throughout your child’s growth, this travel system is an excellent choice for you.
You can stroll and jog with your newborn baby in a baby seat, which is attached to the stroller’s frame. Once your baby is about 6-months old and can sit up on their own, you can just use the standard seat and start jogging with your baby.
One of the travel system’s great features is its adjustable canopy, large under seat basket, and it also includes child and parent trays with cup holder in it in the set. Aside from those, the jogger also has lockable, swiveling front wheel to provide better stability and maneuverability. Easily push the stroller with one hand and feel the stroller gliding smoothly on surfaces.
- Made of high-quality
- Very durable
- Smooth maneuverability
- Highly recommended for parents that jog with their kids
- Very affordable
- Includes additional accessories
- The tires need to be inflated once in a while
- Few customers have complained about its big fold
Most Common FAQ’s:
Do I Need to Use a Travel System?
Do note that your baby won’t be ready for most types of stroller until he or she can sit on their own, which is usually around six months old. Therefore, your options would be purchasing a stroller with a bassinet, a fully reclined seat that is safe for newborns, or just use a baby carrier instead. But each of the options would still require you to move your kid out of the car seat.
And this is the reason why most parents choose to purchase a travel system, instead of buying essentials separately. Travel systems will help save you money and saves you from the hassle of researching which stroller would fit with a car seat.
When Would I Need a Baby Travel System?
You can use a travel system from day one. And once your baby is about 6 to 9 months old, your child would already sitting up all by themselves, and would likely want to have a better view with their environment. You can then use the full-sized stroller on its own. Travel systems would only be the stroller that you’ll need all the way from infancy to toddlerhood.
How Much Does a Travel System Cost?
You can get a travel system that is as expensive as $1000 or as cheap as under $100. Most products only differentiate in price ranges, but when it comes to their features and durability, they’re pretty much quite the same. If you are planning on buying a cheap travel system, make sure that the stroller is strong enough to last for a few years for your convenience.
How Should I Maintain the Stroller?
- For the hard parts, which are the wheels and frames, most travel system brands are very easy to clean. Just remove all the mud, dirt, and other debris by using a damp cloth, make sure not to use a silicone lubricant as it can attract grime and dirt. Instead, use a dry Teflon spray.
- As for the fabrics, if the stroller’s fabrics can be removed, you should wash them by hand. Do not machine wash it. But if it isn’t removable, you can use a soft brush instead.
- If you are using an air-filled tire stroller, you should check the strollers maximum air pressure and do not exceed that said limiter. And since you are using an air-filled tires stroller, you should regularly check the tires if it has gotten softer.
Are There Different Types of Baby Travel Systems?
Yes, there are:
- The 3-Wheel Travel System. This type of travel systems is narrower and compact than other types of travel system strollers, which makes them ideal for traveling in crowded places.
- Jogger Travel System. This type is specifically designed for active parents who want to take their child with them during a run. The stroller’s large wheels would ensure stability and smooth ride, even on rough terrains, for both the child’s and parent’s comfort.
- 4-Wheel Ravel System. This is a bit sturdier than a 3-wheel stroller, and they work pretty well on rough surfaces, unlike their 3-wheel counterpart. They are a bit more bulky, wider, durable, and provides more storage than the three wheels.
- Double Travel Systems. If you have twins or kids that are close to age, you would probably need to use a double stroller for them, and luckily they are also available in travel systems. This type of stroller can easily allow you to transport both babies, and can also be customized to fit your needs, which would depend on your kid’s ages.
It’s important to take your time when choosing the right travel system, especially when you are planning to use it for years. The car seats won’t be used for a long time, but at least make sure that the stroller would last for a few years until your child is about 36-months old. Therefore, be sure to get the most suitable baby travel system for you and your family, which would you and your child get out of the house with ease.