Pool ozone generators are the most suitable product that you need if you want to lessen the use of chlorine. This type of generator will provide you with clean and safe water, the generator will ensure you with proper sanitation of pool water.
Having your own ozone generator will provide you with pool water that is soft to the touch. Also, it will help eliminate all the unpleasant chemical odors that are currently present in your pool. In this article, we will provide you with the best pool ozone generators that you can find in the market.
Top 5 Best Pool Ozone Generators in the Market
These machines are environmentally friendly, also they do not require thorough maintenance allowing you to save more time. These units are a bit expensive, but they are all cost-effective because it runs on low energy.
Some of the listed products below can be easily installed by yourself, which allows you to save more money from hiring a professional to do the installation.
So, here are the best pool ozone generators in today’s market:
1. Prozone Water – Ozone System Generator
The Prozone ozone generator has a housing that is made of aluminum, this is to ensure its durability for a lot of years to come. This product is designed to be able to fit in residential pools that are up to 40,000 gallons. It also features a 2-Corona Hybrid Arc Tube with an injector bypass and universal ballast installation kit.
- PZ7-2HO ozone system for residential pools of up to 40,000 gallons
- Features 2-Corona Hybrid Arc Tube, Injector Bypass install kit and universal ballast
- Install kit includes Prozone’s Dynamic Venturi Injector, hose, 1/4″ozone check valve, hose clamps, and adjustable saddle clamps
- Aluminum case, operating voltage 110-240V, and glowing gaskets
- Venturi allows maximum mixing for superior water quality
- 110/240V 50/60Hz Universal Plug
- 3-Prong NEMA Ozone Purity: 100%, no nitrogen byproducts
- Arc Life (nominal): 20,000 Hrs
- Operating Temp: 25°F to 120°F
- Weight 11lbs
Another thing that you should know about this product is that this item doesn’t have any nitrogen byproducts. With this, there is no way that your pool’s water can get contaminated with harmful toxins.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Requires low-maintenance
- Is designed to easily fit with your existing installation
- It has a VUV technology
- Fits to all residential pools
- It doesn’t have an auto-shutoff feature
2. Intex Krystal Clear Ozone Filter and Saltwater System
The ozone output can reach up to 150 milligrams per hour. One of its great features is that it has a 24-hour auto-lock cycle with a timer, this means that you don’t have checked the system every now and then.
- Requires a filter pump with a flow rate between 1,500-4,000 gph (not included)
- Ozone output: 150 milligram/hr.
- 24 Hour auto-clock cycle with timer
- 120V with GFCI
- It has a chlorine output of 11 grams per hour
- It has a 24-hour auto lock cycle with a timer
- Eliminates bacteria 3,000 times faster
- Properly sanitizes your pool
- Doesn’t create chemical odor
- It is only suitable for pools that are less than 15,000 gallons
- It requires a filter pump that has a flow rate of 1,500 to 4,000 mph
3. A2Z Ozone SP-3G Pool Ozone Generator
The A2Z Ozone SP-3G pool ozone generator features a LED status indicator, it also has an ozone output of 5 gallons per hour. This means that the rest is assured as this model will provide you with clean pool water. This also works great for those who have larger pools. You will also enjoy the fact that this product has stainless steel fittings, which are resistant to corrosion.
- Reduce chemical usage by up to 95%
- Ozone Output: 3 g/hour, adjustable ozone concentration
- For Pools up to a size of 25,000 G/95,000L
- Air cooled corona discharge low maintenance chlorine alternative
- Electric Voltages: 220/240 or 110/120 VAC 50/60 Hz
- CD Corona Discharge
- LED status indicators
- Variable Ozone Output (10-100%)
- Size: 11x8x14.3 inches
- PTFE tube for O3 outlet
- Stainless steel fittings
- Power Watt: 80
- Weight: 14 lbs
- SP-3G Swimming Pool ozone generator
- SP Swimming Pool operation manual
- Flexible tubing
- PTFE tubing
- Spare Fuse
- Check valve (2)
- Spare fan filter
- It requires little maintenance
- It can be mounted on the wall
- Suitable for large pools
- Runs on low energy
- Very easy to install
- Requires a venturi system
- It lacks an internal compressor
4. Prozone Water Products Ozone System Generator
If you have a residential pool that is up to 15,000 gallons, then this product is suitable for you. It also features a Corona Hybrid Arc Tube with an injector bypass and electronic ballast install kit. This is actually great news as you can install this product yourself without the help of a professional, which allows you to save money.
The Arc’s estimated life is said to be around 20,000 hours, but this is only if you don’t use it with proper care. It may require low maintenance, you’ll still need to check it at least once a month to ensure its effectiveness.
- It doesn’t contain nitrogen byproducts
- It can be mounted on the wall
- Provides you with superior water quality
- Uses VUV technology
- Requires low maintenance
- Some products can handle the maximum level of suction
- Works a little bit slow
5. DEL Ozone Eclipse Pool Ozone Generator
This product is very effective when it comes to getting rid of bacteria that are harmful to the body. This generator reduces the use of chlorine and improves the quality of your pool’s water. It is also very cost-effective because, in the long run, you will spend less money on maintaining your swimming pool.
The amount of ozone that this model release is about 0.5 grams per hour, while the APG cell quantity is about 4. Another great thing about this unit is that it only uses about 24 watts of power, which means it’ll save you quite a lot when it comes to electric bills. This model can be mounted on walls, you won’t have to worry about where to place the product.
- Eliminates the unpleasant chemical odors
- Low on energy costs
- Doesn’t irritate your eyes and skin
- Requires low-maintenance
- Some users have said that it creates a hissing sound.
In swimming pools, water pollutants are mainly caused by swimmers, which also causes dynamic water pollution. The pollutants in the pool’s water are divided into three groups: dissolved pollutants, microorganisms, and un-dissolved pollutants. Therefore, purchasing installments for a pool like a pool ozone generator is a necessity.
If you need to improve water quality learn more about what is the best water softener system to buy.
We hope that this article has helped you out in picking the best product for you.