A clean and transparent pool is the dream of every pool owner. However, it does not happen by chance. Leaves are a beautiful sight to behold when they are on the tree. They, however, become a nuisance when they find their way into the pool. With the rate at which leaves pour into the pool, they need constant cleaning to prevent a buildup of leaves in the pool.
The choice of the best pool cleaner depends on a lot of factors. While we will discuss this later in the post, we will like to bring to your notice our top five pool cleaners. Our choice is based on customer’s feedback as well as a rating on Amazon.
Review of Pool leaf Collectors
- Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Leaf Vacuum – Classic Collection
The unit is made from durable components to keep the pool clean. It works excellently for removing leaves from the pool. It comes with multi-directional wheel that helps in ease of usage. It comes with eight high-pressure jet that gives the needed water pressure essential for complete cleaning. It has a quick disconnect fitting that helps fit with any standard hose.
The Unit weighs 1.82 pounds and comes is 18 by 18 by 7 inches in dimension. It has a large 15-inch diameter vacuum and a handle made of durable ABS. It also comes with a reusable leaf bag.
- Robert Holmes feels this is an amazing product. He expressed great satisfaction with the ease with which the Poolmaster 28300 emptied his pool of a very large volume of left.
- Jessica M Riff expressed satisfaction with its operation. She expressed satisfaction with the size of the bag and ease with which it gets the leaves off the pool.
- Works great in getting large debris off the pool.
- It was made with durable components. Hence, it will last
- It is not so good at picking small debris
- Leaf Gulper Vacuum Cleaner for Swimming Pool with Brushes & Swivel Wheels
Second on our list of best leaf collectors for pool is this. It is suitable to get rid of debris, bugs and leaves from the pool. It can be attached to the garden hose and vacuum cleaner. With this, it makes cleaning the pool easy. The water that comes from the garden hose makes a venture motion which gets debris into the filter bag.
The unit weighs 1.7 pounds with a dimension of 19.6 by 15.3 by 6.7 inches. It also comes with a garden hose adapter and a filter bag. There are interchangeable wheels for gunite pools and filter bags as well.
- Brent admitted that the leaf gulper is worth the money. He expressed satisfaction with how the tool sucked leaves off his pool. He gave the leaf gulper a 5-star rating.
- Bnlfaille revealed that the unit worked as expected. He admitted that there was no regret in getting the leaf gulper.
- It removes leaves, bugs, dirt and debris.
- It works well with standard garden hose
- The unit has a tendency to float
- Blue Wave Swimline Leaf Bagger
This leaf bagger works by attaching the telephone and the garden hose to the base of the unit. When in the pool, the unit pulls leaves and debris into the attached bag. The unit is perfect for easy spring cleanups and quick jobs. The unit works well with vinyl and concrete pool.
The unit has a capacity of 13.5 inches diameter. It comes with handle adapter, leaf bag, wheels and brushes. It weighs 1.8 pounds, with a dimension of 15 by 12 by 9 inches.
- A. S. revealed that the product works great and does awesome work of getting leaves off the pool. He affirmed that he would recommend it as cleaning the pool has never been easier with the product.
- Amanda King revealed that the product is easy to set up. He admitted complete satisfaction with the product as it comes with a large bag which enables him to work without stopping at intervals.
- It is easy to use and works well on large leaves
- It has a big bag for leaves
- The product didn’t come with an instruction manual.
- The mesh bag is rather clumsy and cumbersome.
- Leaf Master – The Ultimate Leaf Bagger with Brushes-Swimming Pool Leaf Cleaner
The leaf vacuum works by attaching the garden hose and the telescopic pole to the base of the product. On operating, the vortex sucks debris and leaves into the bag attached. It has a large capacity mesh bag with a diameter of 15 inches. It comes with a swivel wheel at the bottom that provides for effortless maneuvering. It works well in the vinyl liner and concrete pools. It works great in getting rid of pine needles, leaves and debris from pool bottom.
The vacuum diameter is 15 inch and comes with a snap adapt to handle that fits standard 1 ¼ inch telescope pole. The product weighs 1.94 pounds with dimension 16 by 16 by 8 inches.
- Cindy Smith revealed that he was not disappointed with the product in any way. He recommends it for others
- Brett Grissom revealed that he has never been disappointed with the product. It works well in getting rid of leaves and debris he concluded.
- It works excellently in getting rid of leaves, pine needles and all forms of debris
- There is little or no complaint about the product.
- The presence of brushes makes it cumbersome to handle inside the pool
- Also, it doesn’t exert much force while in the pool.
- Poolmaster 28316 Leaf Vacuum – Premier Collection
Poolmaster 28316 is made of high-quality materials with excellent performance to keep the pool neat. It works best in all pool and comes with features like replaceable brushes, Aluminum metal handle, perimeter bumper, etc. The presence of the eight high-pressure jet joined to the underside creates a high force power needed for cleaning.
It has a four multi-directional wheel that helps in easy movement while in the pool. It comes with three perimeter brushes that help remove debris and dirt hence effective cleaning. It has a 15-inch diameter vacuum with a mar-proof perimeter. It also has two reusable bags that help captures a huge load of leaves. The product weighs 1.82 pounds with the dimension 6.5 by 15 by 18.5 inches.
- Timothy H revealed that it is a great product that is easy to operate. He expressed complete satisfaction with which it emptied his pool of loads of leaves and debris.
- Aarnold14 was very happy with the purchase. He expressed amazement at how the product cleansed his pool which was disgusting and full of leaves. He is satisfied with the speed of operation and has no complained about the product.
- The product comes with two reusable pool bags
- It is suitable for getting leaves and debris off the pool in a considerable little time.
- At times, the bag comes off which releases all the debris back into the pool. Hence the bag needs to be held tightly with the unit
- At times, it misses large particles
A Guide to Choosing the Best leaf Collector
There are quite a lot of factors that influence the choice of your leaf collector. Hence, it is essential to take note before deciding on the one to go for. We discuss them below:
- Size of the Pool
Manual pool cleaner will easily fix a small pool. However, you should consider automatic leaf collectors if you have a medium sized pool.
- The efficiency of the leaf Collector
This can be said to be the time it takes for the leaf collector to complete the job. As a result, it is essential to go for robotic or automatic cleaners if you care about efficiency.
- Ease of use
Robotic pool cleaners are easy to use. All it requires of the user is to lower the unit into the pool and allow it do its magic. Gradually, it will get dirt, debris and leaves off the pool floor.
- It should be Adjustable
Your leaf collector should be able to adjust itself to suit the pool size and shape. This happens by adjusting incoming water pressure and the hose buoyancy.
- Hose Length
The leaf collector of your choice should have a long hose. This is essential to reach the skimmer boss to the far end of the pool.
- Should have a big bag for leaves
It will be quite cumbersome for you to be stepping out of the pool and emptying the leaf bag while you still have a large foot to cover. Hence, it is recommended that users go with leaf collectors of huge bags.
A swimming pool is a worthy and pricey investment. Asides, a swimming pool is expected to provide years of comfort and enjoyment for the family. This largely depends on the maintenance of the swimming pool.
In this regards, investing in a leaf collector is worth it. With the correct leaf collector for pools, you not only have a healthy pool, but you get a sparkling clean, transparent and inviting swimming pool. As a result, a worthy pool leaf collector will enable you to spend more time swimming and less time cleaning your pool!